The Royal Society of Edinburgh’s Enterprise Fellowships offer fabulous opportunities for science and technology researchers with great business ideas.
- a salary for a year
- cutting-edge business training, and mentoring from RSE Fellows and business leaders
- access to up to £10,000 business support funding for travel and equipment
Since the Fellowships were launched in 1997, 240 graduates and researchers have been supported and 166 new businesses launched. Enterprise Fellows have been awarded over £140 million in public and private funding.
- graduates, postgraduates, PhD students, academic researchers or members of HEI staff
- applicants must demonstrate proof of concept – commercial and technical
- they must also demonstrate that they can remain and work legally in the UK for the duration of the Enterprise Fellowship
- companies cannot apply, but spin-out/shell companies not trading can apply.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on 17 April 2019. There’s more information, and really helpful advice for applicants, at https://www.rse.org.uk/awards/enterprise-fellowships/