Businesses in Scotland have a good opportunity to benefit from the UK Government’s Manufacturing Made Smarter Fund, which is open until 28 August 2019 and part of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF).
Projects for this £30 million R&D competition should focus on the use of industrial digital technologies (IDTs) to transform the productivity and agility of UK manufacturing.
Key features of the competition are:
- A variety of project types are welcome, from feasibility studies to large innovation and/or demonstrator projects. Projects must be able to achieve short-term impact and rapid technology development.
- Projects must be led by business but can involve collaboration with other types of organisation
- Projects’ total eligible costs must be between £250,000 and £10 million. Projects can be of 6 months’ to 2 years’ duration.
- All projects must be ready to start on or before 1 December 2019, with a defined consortium agreement, agreed industry match funding and a project plan. You must start your project on or before 1 December 2019 and end by 31 October 2021.
- Projects must be business-led and collaborative, with all consortia involving at least one SME. Projects led by SMEs are encouraged.
- Projects must address the Made Smarter Challenge Fund Programme objectives and at least one of the 4 themes.
For details of these themes, more information about the competition, and full details of the application process, look here.