Alan is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer with over 20 years’ experience in both academic and industrial research and development. He holds a PhD in Robotic Actuation and Control and an MSc in Marine Engineering Research and Management.
Currently Senior Manager R&D and Technology with TechnipFMC (formerly Technip), Alan has worked on the development of new technologies for SURF and Subsea Processing System infrastructures and is currently in charge of Umbilical and Cable Research and Technology Governance.
PRP relevant expertise in:
- Risers, Umbilicals & Cables, Flexible Technologies and Ancillary Products
- Analytical Structural Analysis of SURF Technologies
- Polymer and Metallic High Chrome Alloys Inspection, Testing and Reliability Assessment
- Nano-technologies and composites
- Robotics, Automation and Intelligent Control