Vektor Energy Inc.
Mark is an independent consultant providing specialist knowledge to the oil & gas industry, focusing on supporting technology start-ups. For much of his career he was a Principal Technical Expert for Shell’s global business, with a focus on delivering well performance. With a BSc from Edinburgh University he has around 4 decades of oil & gas industry experience, more recently in delivering optimal inflow performance, especially from the more complex reservoirs.
A Fellow of the Energy Institute, he chairs API RP 19B, and is President/Founder of the International Perforating Forum (www.perforators.org). Mark is chairman of the SPE Energy Information Committee, a member of both the SPE Distinguished Lecturer Committee and the SPE Completions Advisory Committee. He is also an SPE Associate Editor – Drilling & Completions. Mark is an inventor and patent holder and is working with multiple partners to develop energetic technologies.
PRP relevant expertise in:
- Well completions, interventions, stimulations, abandonment and construction.
- Composite materials in downhole applications.
- Novel material applications.
- Wireless communications in well.
- Reservoir sensor and imaging technology.
- Application of energetics in perforating, well stimulation and P&A applications.
- Hydraulic Fracturing Technology.
“My passion is innovation and I am keen to support innovators!”